Thursday, January 9, 2014

Let's Save Challenge

2013 for me is all about Challenges. I was challenged to adjust in a new place (where I have to wear jacket everytime when I am outside even during summer hehehe) new career as a SAHW (Stay At Home Wife), a new career that challenged me in a lot of ways like budgeting, entertaining myself, working on our daily menu, inspiring the husband and most important is to still look good on my pambahay outfit (hahahah)

For a single income household like us, savings should not be neglected and we can not "relax" on that aspect, focusing on budgeting is a main thing, it is harder than the time when I have my own income but I think I still did a pretty good job on that :)

For food budget we saved a lot from my home cooked meals, coffee dates at home, movie dates at home, fridates were lessened due to some badminton activities.
For clothing, I didn't buy often like when I was in Singapore, but I was working back then that's why clothes are in "necessity category" for me, same thing with shoes and accessories. 

Last year we were able to reward ourselves for a trip on which I saved a travel fund from July to August for our September trip, We were supposed to travel for Christmas holidays as a gift for each other but we decided to save that money for the meantime.

This week I saw some of my friends on Facebook including Diane shared the link 52 Week Challenge of KuripotPinay I was inspired to do the challenge and told my husband to make a spreadsheet for me, it is just the same with what she is using but since we received the salary once a month my husband added the amount to be saved per month. A few months are still easy to save pa but the latter weeks will be tough on which I plan to deposit on a monthly basis.

I am very excited with the outcome, as for where we are going to use the fund as much as possible I don't want to spend it on luxuries (on second thought I can set aside a small portion for it hihihi) but mainly I want to put the fund on worthy things because 68900 kroner can pay 12 months ammort of our condo o di ba ang galing, but now I will focus on how to make this possible. we can do this!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Good luck! The money challenge is fun and yes, challenging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sana magawa ko din!!! Ang saya cguro natin kung magagawa natin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Che, i super admire you isa ka sa naging inspirasyon ko pagdating sa pagsasave,,, atsaka congrats kasi di ba nagawa mo na din to. :)

    Hello D! kaya natin to!!! isipin na lang natin ang reward sa dulo. :)

    ReplyDelete