Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Foodie: Adobong Kangkong at Sitaw with Tofu

Hello sisterets!!! 

Just want to share this very simple and budget friendly recipe, it is very easy that I'm sure you already know how to cook this but this post is aiming to help you on planning your weekly menu or if you feel like adding greens on your diet. Summer is fast approaching so let's start to be healthy as early as now, to maintain or to prepare our alindog for that nice colorful two-piece hehehe,,  (still my nth times wish hehehe never say die ika nga ng mga kaBarangay hehehe)

After our recent trip e back to budgeting na naman ako, from Monday to Friday last week e 3 dishes lang naluto ko, good thing is my husband doesn't mind if I will serve the same dish the next day, kaya sinigang, buttered shrimp, at adobong kangkong at sitaw lang ang luto ko, our weekend naman was spent with friends.

oh well, meatless recipe here it is,,, 



Adobong Kangkong at Sitaw with Tofu

Kangkong
Sitaw
Tofu
siling haba
soy sauce
vinegar
garlic

Saute garlic in a medium heat pan, add the sliced red chilis (siling haba), cubed tofu, then sitaw (kasi mas madaling maluto ang kangkong), add pepper, soy sauce and vinegar, let it simmer for 10 minutes, put the kangkong and add a little sugar, wait until it is cooked. served it with love :) 

since I'm on a budget I replaced the meat with tofu, my husband loved it,,, 

This week is another challenge for me, I want kasi to minimize my trips to supermarkets, kaya I want to create a menu from our stored food in the fridge, meaning a zero visit to supermarket week = zero expenses palengke week,,, 

4 comments:

  1. I cook adobong kangkong and sitaw, too. I also like to use tofu as "sahog" but my husband still prefers pork. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi edelweiza, ang sarap kainin ng gulay noh, nakakfresh lang kainin. =)

      Delete
  2. Giday! I will make it a point to prepare this dish the first week of being home. It looks yummy! Ingat lagi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rem, ang saya naman you will have QT time with your family, sarap sa atin, excited ka na for sure. Enjoy!!! =)

      Delete