Thursday, January 23, 2014

Foodie: Pork Siomai

Hello Friendships!!!! :)

We just finished our yummy dinner :) 

This is not a planned menu, I have wanton wrapper, giniling and carrots in the fridge and that made me think to make pork siomai, I was unsuccessful the first time I cooked it maybe because of the wrapper I used,,, I believe in second chances :) so finally I did it right this time yiheee!!!

Ingredients:

wanton wrapper
400g giniling/minced pork
grated carrots
grated onion
1 egg
flour (others use cornstarch kaso not available sa kitchen namin)
salt
pepper


Mix all the ingredients thoroughly then wrap it in wanton wrapper. Put them all in the steamer and wait for 20 mins. Dip it in lemon with chili oil and soy sauce,,, hmmm sarap :)


here is the finished product :)


Super easy peasy di ga :)


Please share your success stories in the kitchen and your specialty, madami kasi kaming naattendan na potluck gathering medyo nauubusan na akong maisip na dalhin :)



11 comments:

  1. hi sis

    ma itry nga yaan! :) happy chinese new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sis che, try it sobrang dali lang, saka mabilis lang din mag wrap ng siomai. happy chinese new year!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Will surely take note of this recipe. Chinese new year pala? Nasaan na ba akong part ng world? :) Happy Chinese New Year! Ingat dyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rem, sa jan 31 ata ang CNY. Happy Chinese New Year!!! ingatz palagi. :)

      Delete
  3. D ko sure kung na-submit yung first comment ko :(

    But this is one recipe na hindi ma-perfect sa bahay. Btw, I'm browsing ASOS.. and it's your fault hahaa lakas makatemptation ng free shipping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi D! o di ba free shipping hehehe,,, enjoy asos!!! palagi may sale jan kaya like n like ko. :)

      Delete
  4. looks yummy....i'll try your recipe.
    Baka you want to try my Spicy Spanish Style Sardines Pasta. I posted it in my FB acccount. It's a star sa family ko at sa pot luck parties namin.
    Are we friends na ba in FB? you may search and add me, Jhan Rovero-Tria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sis, i'll add u in fb. wow sobrang hilig ko din sa pasta, try ko din ung recipe mo. :)

      Delete
  5. Never tried making siomai (dami kase nabibilan dito e dba hehehe) pero siguro pag wala na din ako sa Singapore mapapaluto na din ako.. hehehe :)
    Gong Xi fa Cai!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna make siomai at home, too. Your recipe looks easy peasy nga. I'll try it one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi edelweiza, thanks for visiting here. try mo din, sarap ng siomai. =)

      Delete