Friday, June 21, 2013

Pad Thai and the Weekend

We love thai food, Mark stayed in thailand for about 3 months for work, that's why Thailand is close to our hearts, his assignment there gave us extra budget for our wedding. My first time in Thailand was very memorable, it feels like home, parang nasa Pinas ako, great food, warm people and very affordable lifestyle. Whenever we go to Thai Restaurant my husband always order their Tom Yum Kung, they have two types, ung isa ung creamy soup, and the other one is yung clear lang yung soup nya, I like the creamy soup better, me naman is either the fried chicken wrapped in a leaf, or their sweet and sour fried fish and mango salad. I never go for their noodles until one day Pad Thai was introduced to me in one of our office dinner, libre kaya go and try ang lola nyo, and surprisingly I loved it.
Our fridate was Ikea date again, I had to take a bus from home to a mall near my husband's workplace kasi his workplace is near Ikea compared to our home, Mark sent me a detailed instruction from the bus stop to the mall and the time I should be arriving, He left his phone to me so that I can still message him while he only used his office landline, I emailed him in his office email addy the time I hopped on the bus and when I reached  my destination, yep, I survived, usually kasi may screen yung bus na may location ng stops,pero wala yung bus na nasakyan ko, it was my first time to ride a bus alone din. Mark's time off is 4 pm, I reached the mall at about 3:35 pm, didn't I know na masyadong kabado at excited ang husband ko kaya he left his office very early para same time ang dating namin, ako naman I was thinking na maybe kaya he wasn't answering my message was because he was in a hurry to finish his work so that he can leave at 4 pm sharp kaya I walk around and around window shopping yun pala my husband was too worried na pala, he went to the bus stop pala before ung bus stop malapit sa mall hahaha, may cases pala na nag iiba yung route ng bus so un ung kinakatakot nya, luckily he found his officemates inside the mall and we found each other na hahhaa,, had our early dinner in Ikea, and bought our 2 seater sofa, happiness,,, it fitted rightly in our small sala.
We were supposed to watch the After Earth movie but we waited for our sofa to deliver last Saturday, ganun din pala sa IKEA like ung mga cabinets nila DIY din pala yung sofa hehehe,, pero very easy din naman to assemble, kaya when we went out very late na closed na ang mga shops, we were hungry na din kaya we went to this thai restaurant, hayyy,, finally medyo nakakita kami ng kainan na hindi masyado expensive, at madami ang servings, plus masarap din ang food.

here is my Pad Thai:



Mark ordered his favorite Tom Yum Kung ( alam nyo na mahilig sya sa may sabaw)


It's friday na tomorrow, hindi ako tutulog hehehe finals ng NBA e 3 AM kasi sya dito wahehehe,, =))

6 comments:

  1. Would you believe, I never tasted any Thai food hahaha Thai in a box (yung puro kanen) lang ang natikman ko hahaha Yung local friends ko kse d naman, d masyado adventurous eh haha Tpos si Ate Mitch left SG na din, siya lang yung madalas ko ka foodie adventure eh. (wala na akong friends sa SG huhuhu)

    One of these days matitikman ko yang Pad Thai na yan

    PS Share mo naman yung travel adventure mo sa Thailand ;)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D! masarap yan D try mo, gusto ko din ung seafood fried rice nila, ung pineapple fried rice e minsan careful ako kasi minsan may konting lasa na curry.
      July kasi kami pumunta sa phuket kaya the weather is not that good, you can see sa album ko sa fb na ang kulimlim ng langit, worst exp pa namin ung nag island hopping kami nastranded kami saglit sa last island kasi bigla bumuhos malakas na ulan tapos ang lakas ng alon, as in may nalalaglag sa upuan sa mga kasama namin sa boat sa lakas ng alon, very scary ung talaga, kaya if ganyan time ok na ung sa hotel and food trip na lang relax lang ganun, our hotel kasi pala ay malapit sa dagat kaya if uulan alis kami sa dagat if maaraw nasa dagat kami, pero one ride sya sa city. o kaya naman punta ka dun ng summer talaga para ma enjoy mo sya lalo. happy weekend D! =)

      Delete
  2. ako din from now on i will call my friday dates - fridate ^^ if that's what you meant hehe. if not, then pinahiya ko lang sarila ko :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello shayne, yuppy!!! It's our usual Friday dates hehehe,,, : )

      Delete
  3. yum yum yum. i love thai food. pagnakauwi ka ng philippines, try mo sa muang thai restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chasen, salamat sa reco, I will keep that in mind. Enjoy the rest of the week. : )

      Delete