Monday, July 15, 2013

My First Catch

Last Saturday we decided to test if the fishing rod we bought for me is lucky enough to catch fish and also to practice how to use it. After a few minutes of throwing I am kinda impatient na, I keep asking Mark if there are fish in that place, syempre sabi ng husband ko di daw nauubos ang isda sa dagat, after a while Mark caught his first catch on that day and it triggered me more to throw the bait and my spirit was lifted that I can catch too but after some time waley pa din, but I am still happy, I told myself we already have 1 fish di na kami ma zezero until I found myself enjoying throwing and spinning hanggang sa binabagalan ko na and I was having this moves like dancing facing left and right I was putting rhythm in it and I was focused in sensing if a fish bite my bait, then Mark got 2 fish and another 3 fish,,, I was happy na may ulam na kami, I am not expecting na that I will catch any, and until I am not only enjoying it but I find it calming and relaxing, I am enjoying to see the sky and watching the birds flying and also trying to catch fish hehehe dumadive sila sa tubig hehehe,, suddenly there is something that kept wrestling with my rod, my rod was bending already as I spin to pull the string,, I was screaming to my husband na parang my huli ako, he took the rod from me to help me I am a girl talaga this is not my thing hahaha,, I was nervous, excited and happy when I met my first mackerel.


After that I had 3 more, Mark was very happy kasi my catch was bigger than what he usually caught, mas mahaba sya sa baking dish, too bad I didn't take photo of them at home kasi I was really tired and I watched na The Voice while husband cleaned and cooked them, I mentioned before that we don't have a freezer di ba hence the explanation why he need to cook it agad, we are planning to buy a freezer na to stock up the fish as I want to go fishing everyday hehehe,, kaso naman di pa namin ubos ang ulam, I don't like sinaing na isda kaya magpiprito si Mark tapos yung iba sinasaing nya, yesterday I cooked ginisang ampalay to paired with our fish dish. Yummy and Healthy!!!!

I am very happy to experience this simple life again, back when I was young ang simple ng buhay namin, payak, kulang financially pero masaya, secured and contented na, until I worked in Singapore, I earned something that made me financially independent, I was having a career and always need to prove something everyday, I need to keep up the status and I was occupied of being competitive kasi you'll never know when you will lose your job, I was afraid not to be able to maintain the lifestyle na meron ako noon, I want to eat this, try this, pretty things, to go here and there but now I learned again that simple living really is the key to the true happiness. Kaya for those having a hard time on their job, stressed out na sabi nga nila Stay Calm, Relax and Enjoy, spend a whole day with the family, go to church with your loved ones, enjoy the nature, do what you enjoyed the most, kiss and hug everyone you love, make time to send a message or call your friend to catch up, appreciate things in your home, simple joys are the best. =)

Be grateful. Smile. Enjoy.

Have a Cheerful Heart Friendships!!!


11 comments:

  1. I don't know if my first comment was submitted. May topak ang internet ko eh haha

    Ramdam na ramdam ko ang happiness mo diyan friend :) Iba eh, every words in the last paragraph wala akong ibang ma-feel kundi happiness at contentment. Yung bang perfect na lahat sa buhay mo. You are so blessed.

    This is one of my favorite posts in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D! I can't say naman na it's perfect, but I've learned lang to be grateful, mas naappreciate ko Mga bagay sa paligid, nacompare ko lang yung buhay ko nung bata ako tapos city life tapos ngayon, nung sa Singapore kasi parang I'm always worried what if uwi ako sa Pinas for good kailangan may certain amount ako to have. comfortable life, tapos now mas kalmado yung pakiramdam,
      Thanks D! Enjoy!!! : )

      Delete
  2. Wow.. Im dreaming of that kind of life din. Happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang laki nung isda! :)) congrats for catching a fish this big :D i enjoyed this post giday. word ko yan kay God lately being contented with my life so narebuke nanaman ako in a way haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Shayne, nagtitingin na nga ako sa youtube paano gumawa ng Spanish sardines e hehehe,,, : )

      Delete
  4. I can feel how happy and contented you are sis! And I am really happy for you and your hubby.
    I hope and looking forward to meet you guys in the future! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sis,,, naku ako din I really want to meet you in person,,, God bless sis. salamuch!

      Delete
  5. Wow ang saya! I'd love to fish din. It's kinda relaxing and comforting

    ReplyDelete