Saturday, May 18, 2013

Foodie: Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Lemon Zest for our Anniversary

Yesterday marked our 6th years anniversary. Since I am a housewife now, I always think how to save, and one of the best tip I can suggest is to avoid eating on a fancy restaurant,, day before our anniversary I went to the supermarket to buy the ingredients for a *surprise dinner* that I will prepare for my husband,, turned out not a surprise anymore because yesterday Norway has celebrated their national day too, it was holiday no work for everybody, even the shops are close,, (we'll take note of that kasi we thought bukas and mga shops good thing is lalong nakatipid kami, even flowers wala kasi husband is hopeful na open sila).
I was planning pa sana to buy placemats and new plates kaso yun nga wala kaya super simple lang talaga ng dinner date naming,,, =)

Actually I got this recipe from Fashion + Food of Jenni Epperson, di ko na lang nilagyan ng wine medyo iniba ko lang ng konti,, and you're right I brought the book here also,, very informative for a homemaker like me,,, =)



Ingredients

500g angel hair pasta
400g shrimp
1 can century tuna flakes in oil
butter
galic
olive oil
bell pepper
red chili(siling haba)
salt
pepper
zest of lemon

For pasta, cooked the pasta in boiling water for 10 mins, depende sa inyo basta tantya tantya lang,, then set aside.

Heat the pan with olive oil, melt the butter, then put the minced garlic, the more galic the better,, mas masarap sya,, put the diced bell pepper, and yung sliced na siling haba,,, put the zest of the lemon, add the century tuna and the shrimp, seasoned with salt and pepper, tapos mixed it with the pasta,,

tadah!!! meron na kayong very delicious pasta,,



I am loving my new work station =)




Looks like sa restaurant din di ba,, husband is the one who did the plating, I am not really creative e,, yan ang pag aaralan ko next,, 





This is just fried salmon lang tapos nilagyan lang namin ng cream, parang sosyal lang din di ba hihihi



The happy wife pwedeng lagyan ng beautiful? hihihi,, the happy and beautiful wife  hihihi!!! =)

See,, kung kumain kami sa labas pasta lang din oorderin ko e hihihi, mas masarap pa nga ang luto ko eh hihihi,,


2 comments:

  1. Atey! Lalo kang gumanda ha!!! Iba tlaga kapag kasama mo ang tunay na nagpapasaya sa 'yo aiyihee!!!

    Happy 6th anniversary at shempre wishing you more! I'm happy to know na you are adjusting sa new home mo. Please blog and show us more pictures ha. Alam mo naman kasi ako, within Asia lang kaya ng bulsa ko haha

    Enjoy-in mo ang pagiging housewife mo ha! Matagal ka din na deprived nyang one of the best jobs in the world. Ingat and keep blogging pa din ha ;)

    ReplyDelete