Saturday, November 2, 2013

Foodie: Halayang Ube

Hi friendships, my husband asked why I didn't blog recently, I told him there's nothing exciting to share and I've mentioned here my daily routine life hihihi,,, 

I've been craving for Red Ribbon's ube macapuno cake, it's my favorite,,, I can eat the whole roll in one sitting,,, it's true... no kidding,,, then my bestfriend posted in facebook her housemate's ube halaya, I was salivating for it talaga,, I asked for the recipe and she said the ingredients are so simple if and only if I can find ube here but the stirring part is hard as you need to do it continously,,, 
I went to a nearby store and to my delight I found packs of grated ube, and I bought the rest of ingredients, I just added cheese for a twist,,, I just don't have food color and vanilla extract  pero keri na din hehehe,,, 

Ingredients:
grated ube
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
cheese
butter

Heat a non-stick pan in a medium heat and melt the butter, put the condensed milk and add the cheese , mix it thoroughly, then pour the grated ube and change the heat into low, (make it sure na di hilaw ung grated ube, dapat pala kasi pinakulo ko muna to save me sa mas lalong paghalo hehehe) continue mixing them together until it looks sticky then add the evaporated milk and sugar (depends on how sweet you want it to be) stir continously until you attained the desired texture.

I purposely bought extra milk just in case I need more.


I love how it turned out,,, much much better from halaya ube na molded as fish pag fiesta sa amin na iniiyakan ko pag naubos hehehe,,, 

Happy weekend everyone!!! God bless us. :)




2 comments:

  1. Nakakarelate ako dun sa ube halaya na molded fish hihihi Meron din sa amin sa Marikina

    Naalala ko puro halo nga ang ginagawa to perfect the procedure. Magkakaroon ka ng muscular system kapag inaraw araw mo haha

    Hiyess ikaw na tlaga ang domesticated goddess :)

    ReplyDelete