Saturday, December 10, 2011

Count your blessings instead of sheep

The other night while I was playing Sims on facebook, I thought of playing Christmas songs from my saved files, there was this song by Jose Mari Chan that touched my heart, the message of the song is really perfect for the season, that no matter what state of your life now dont focus on what is lacking but think of the wonderful blessings that we have in our lives from our Lord.
Eto pa yung nakakatawa, nung nakikinig na kami ng Christmas songs, sabi ni Mark "hon wag ka iiyak sa Pasko ha" palagi daw kasi ako umiiyak pag Christmas especially di kami uuwi ngayon, ewan ko ba I feel lonely lalo na pag tumutugtog na yung mga Christmas songs.

But with this song, it reminds me that Christmas is not about me, not about the christmas shopping list, not about the food we will serve on Noche Buena but it is about Thanksgiving that our Lord was born, it is all about sharing and giving of God's love.
So now I am sharing you this song and hope you will be moved by its message.


I also love this song of Gary V. everytime I hear this song I really appreciate my life and God's unconditional love to me.


SObrang iyakin ako, ewan ko ba many times I get affected by what I saw from movies and tv and also from the songs I heard. Last Friday, I took a day off from work, I was too stressed that week so i decided to take a rest, Mark also stayed with me, I saw a video from Coke and it really melted my heart, as in I was sobbing while I was watching this video, Mark was teasing me and he even imitate my crying.


I know how it's hard to be an OFW, to be away from family, from our comfort zone our home, i truly understand the real meaning of this saying that there's no place like HOME. I am super close to my family, that's why when it comes to my family I get really emotional. Sometimes I want to look back from the moment wherein everything is just plain and simple, we sleep together (my inay, ama, my brother and me) and even the lights were off we never run out of stories to tell until it was 3 am, and the only problem that time is the allowance I will bring to manila when I was in college, I miss those days. Now that I am working far away from home, and experience everything I never thought I will ever do and to have a little luxury, I am not complaining really, I am grateful. God loves me and my family. He is forever faithful on His promises to me. I am very fortunate becauseI am His daughter.

15 days to go and it's Christmas, hope you celebrate it with full of love and happiness with your family (or even physically away from your family). Remember the first line of the song, "when I worry and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep"

Be merry and have a joyful Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment