Saturday, March 5, 2011

Real Love is all about Commitment and Friendship

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

This year marks our 10th year together as a couple, Mark got my "YES" on the phone on July 14, 2001 he was on his way to his hometown to attend his sister's 18th birthday, but we made it official the day he came back to school from Mindoro on July 17, 2011, we were classmates and we became close in the last sem of our second year in college, I didnt know that he has a crush on me, we get closer when we were in our third year, he was always on my side, but I am not aware of his intention, I really treat him as a good friend. I remember one time I have a problem (school problem) he asked me to sit in one of the benches in Luneta (it is opposite of our school and where I am waiting for a jeepney to send me home) and he wanted to solve my problem, but that night I ended up talking about myself, my dreams, my favorites, my heartaches instead of discussing my problem, honestly that whole time I felt at peace and forgot whatever it is that bothers me. Before that may I add that he will rode the same jeepney going to my dormitory and he insisted that it is the nearest route going to his home without me knowing that he just wanted me to send home. When the time he told me his feeling for me, I made myself distant to him, I felt betrayed, but he still pursue me even if almost everyday I refused his love,I really admire his perseverance, he loves me when I was not loveable, when I am being hard on him, he never gave up and continued to offer his love. It was a test actually if he is true to me or not, I believe then to the saying "Hard to get, hard to forget", I want to test him how far he can go with me, how much his patience, and how much he loves me, because I knew as we grew older a lot of trials will come our way and I want someone who is strong enough to stand beside me, someone who will never leave me. True enough we surpassed all the trials we had in our relationships, we supported each other and became partners in every problems we encountered, we dream together and we are hand in hand fulfilling our dreams.
When Mark had an opportunity to work abroad he asked for my hand in marriage and I agreed, God is really good to us, He knew we can't stand to be far from each other, God made it possible for me to work here in Singapore. After three years of being married, Mark fulfilled his promise to marry me in my dream church, wearing a bridal gown (I was just happy to wear a simple white gown but Mark gave me the best and my heart desire, to be a Veluz bride), expressing his love in front of God and all those important people in our lives. We are really blessed to found each other, there's always trying times in life but I will face it with a smile because someone is holding my hand and giving me assurance that everything will be okay.
Let me share to you my bridal march song:

In search of my life and my one true love
I prayed to Almighty God above
And His masterful voice directed me

To the many things I was destined to do

So I sailed across the mighty sea
Pursued knowledge of the highest degree

Took to learning new skills
Experienced new thrills
Felt my life was completely fulfilled

At the end of my amazing quest
After proving myself
By achieving success
I hoped to find the prize so rare
A priceless treasure beyond compare

For God promised He would bring me love

A love without measure, trusting and true

And behold, my dear Zigrid
He brought me to you
He brought me to you

In search of my life and my one true love
I prayed to Almighty God above
And His compassionate voice directed me
To the many things I was destined to do

And in my private reverie
I read of lands across the sea
I imagined enchanting hollow and hill
Worlds beyond my window sill

And through all of these my fancied quests
I cherish the secrets held close to my breast
I hoped to find the prize so rare
A priceless treasure beyond compare

For God promised He would bring me love
A love without measure, precious and true
And behold, my dear Mark Anthony

And behold, my dear Zigrid
He brought me to you
He brought me to you

My heart knew this without a doubt
That's what destiny's all about
God promised He would bring me love
A love strong and true
A promise He fulfilled above
He brought me to you
He brought me you




As always, God fullfilled his promise He brought Mark to me, I patiently wait for the right one, Mark is my first and last boyfriend and I am also his first and last girlfriend.

Here is our Same Day Edit Video of our wedding, we were very emotional, all the guests our family and friends were all present.



Real Love is all about Commitment and Frienship, we believe in the word "COMMITMENT" to have a successful relationship/marriage that no matter what happens we are commited to each other and nothing will break us apart, we started as friends and we will remain as good friends in love with each other until our last breath.



No comments:

Post a Comment